All Royalty Great Danes are sold on a contract and given a written Health Guarantee. Below you will find a sample Health Guarantee that will be provided to you upon the completion of a sales contract. This is only a sample and an official Guarantee will be provided.
Contracts and Guarantees are very important. They are designed to protect you, to protect us and most of all to protect the puppies we place. We care about our puppies for their whole lifetime and we want to do everything in their power to keep them safe, healthy and happy.
Every puppy is sold on a contract. The contract governs how the puppy is to be kept, raised and socialized. It makes provisions for the lifetime care of the puppy should you, the new adopter be unable to keep the puppy for whatever reason. The contract acts as a receipt and binder to protect you the buyer, and ensures that you are satisfied with your new puppy and the transaction with us. It also provides basic guidelines to help you learn what is required for show, breeding, and pet.
Our Guarantee is what sets us apart from puppies purchased through puppy mills and pet stores. They are guaranteed not to arrive sick or in poor health. Our puppies also come with a lifetime “technical” support lifeline to us. No matter if your puppy is ten weeks or ten years, if you have a question or a concern… we are always available to help and provide advice. That is something pet stores and puppy-mills can’t provide you!
ADOPTER agrees to have this puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of receipt. If health problems are found, the animal may be returned to the BREEDER at BUYERS expense. Arrangements are to be made within 24 hours of diagnosis by a licensed veterinarian. If the pup is returned for health reasons the BREEDER reserves the right to replace the puppy with one of equal quality from the same or subsequent litters. The BREEDER also has the right to choose to refund the purchase price of the puppy less any non-refundable deposits. If the pup is returned for reasons other than health related issues within the 72 hours allotted time the BREEDER will accept such return without any refund. If negligence on the behalf of the ADOPTER is suspected the ADOPTER forfeits all rights to puppy and all rights to reclaim moneys rendered for puppy. ADOPTER will return all registration and documentation materials at the time of the pups return. BREEDER is not responsible for any veterinary expenses incurred by the BUYER.
Should ADOPTER neglects to have pup examined within allotted time, BREEDER assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY for any communicable disease nor injury of the pup. Also should ADOPTER not maintain the initial puppy vaccination schedule, the BREEDER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for any communicable disease obtained in the pup’s future.
This dog is guaranteed to be free of hereditary hip dysplasia upon permanent radiographic evaluation performed at or before 24 months of age. ADOPTER agrees to have this dog’s hips radiographically examined by a State licensed Veterinarian and then sent to the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals in Columbia, Missouri, for evaluation. Upon receipt, a copy of the evaluation will be sent to BREEDER. If hip dysplasia is diagnosed due to genetic defect, and all prerequisites have been met for the health and well being of The Dog as specified in the contract, BREEDER will (at his/her discretion) refund 30% of the contract price. Should hip dysplasia be discovered later in life, than 24 months, the BREEDER will not provide for any refund.
The PUPPY is guaranteed until one (1) year of age against genetic/congenital defects which would cause death or the need to be humanely destroyed. If such an unlikely case was to occur, a written veterinarian report, with autopsy if necessary, must be submitted in writing and signed by a licensed veterinarian. BREEDER will (at his/her discretion) refund 30% of the contract price. Should a genetic/congenital defect be discovered later in life, than 12 months, the BREEDER will not provide for any refund. ADOPTER may elect to have a genetic problem fixed, when possible, and the BREEDER will reimburse ADOPTER for expenses up to a maximum of $200.00 after receiving the original bill from a licensed veterinarian. Additional expenses are ADOPTER’s sole responsibility. The BREEDER will not be responsible, under any circumstances, for any other veterinary (or other) bill incurred by the ADOPTER. All transportation charges are to be paid by ADOPTER, including those incurred if the PUPPY is returned and/or any transportation charges on a replacement PUPPY.
What Is Not Covered By Health Guarantee
This health guarantee does not cover intestinal worms or parasites, mites of any kind, eye or skin related conditions, nor testicles on any puppy that is sold as pet. These are common occurrences found in puppies that can be treated. The BREEDER has taken the first steps to avoid some of these conditions. The puppies before leaving the BREEDER’S home are checked by a licensed Veterinarian and given their first vaccination shots and deworming. We will not return veterinary expenses.
This health guarantee does not cover behavioral problems such as temperament, unruly behavior in the house, mouthing, jumping up on people, destructive chewing, fear, etc. These behavioral problems are extremely complex in nature with many factors influencing the overall behavior of the pet. They can be caused by a lack of training, discipline or proper dog socialization which is determined by every dog’s personality.
Pet Adoption Contract & Agreement
Address of Adopter: ___________________________________________________________________________________
Phone_________________________ E- mail_____________________________________________
Breeder agrees to bestow Adopter a puppy born ______ _________ Litter # ___________________
Sire: ___________________________Dam: ______________________________________________$250.00 non-refundable deposits. The purchase price of the puppy is $____________. The price assumes the puppy is being picked-up at the Maryland address of Royalty Great Danes. Airline shipping charges and crates are additional to the purchase price and must be paid in full prior to shipment. Ear cropping (if requested) is also additional to purchase price. Ear crop price is determined by doctor’s fees. Any complications from ear cropping are not covered under this contract.
(1) The ADOPTER agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this puppy/dog parasite free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition, which consists of a good quality professional feed given at regular intervals, and fresh water available at all times. The ADOPTER promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision. The BREEDER strongly recommends that the puppy/dog be microchipped or tattooed in order to facilitate his return if lost or stolen.
(2) The BREEDER guarantees this puppy/dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this adoption. A health record of all shots and worming will be provided by the BREEDER. The ADOPTER agrees to take this dog to a licensed veterinarian of his choice within 72 hours for a physical examination. Should puppy/dog be determined to be in ill health, the cause of which is clearly attributable to the BREEDER, the dog may, upon signed written diagnosis from said veterinarian, be returned to the BREEDER at ADOPTER’S expense. Arrangements are to be made within 24 hours of diagnosis by a licensed veterinarian. If the pup is returned for health reasons the BREEDER reserves the right to replace the puppy with one of equal quality from the same or subsequent litters. The BREEDER also has the right to choose to refund the purchase price of the puppy less any non-refundable deposits. If negligence on the behalf of the ADOPTER is suspected the ADOPTER forfeits all rights to puppy and all rights to reclaim money rendered for puppy. ADOPTER will return all registration and documentation materials at the time of the pups return. BREEDER is not responsible for any veterinary expenses incurred by the ADOPTER.
(3) Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
(4) PET PURPOSES:
Limited Registration: THE PUPPY WILL HAVE LIMITED REGISTRATION WITH THE AKC, and the off springs will not be eligible for registration. The buyer agrees not to use this animal for breeding and agrees to have it spayed/neutered at the age recommended by their veterinarian (usually 1 year of age). INITIALS: ________BREEDER________ ADOPTER
Show Prospect: This Great Dane is sold with the intention that it will be used as a show animal. THE PUPPY WILL HAVE FULL REGISTRATION WITH THE AKC. The BREEDER guarantees that this dog has no defects i.e. (bad bite, blue eyes) that would disqualify this dog from being shown in conformation events. However, the BREEDER does NOT guarantee that said dog will win in the show ring, as that must depend on the training of the dog, showmanship of the handler, and commitment of the owner. ADOPTER agrees to show the dog actively in the first three (3) years of the dog’s life. ADOPTER also agrees to keep the BREEDER notified of the dog’s progress and points, along with forwarding photographs for inclusion on BREEDER’S web site. ($150.00 ADDITIONAL FOR SHOW PROSPECT) INITIALS: __________BREEDER________ ADOPTER
Breeding Prospect: This Great Dane is sold with the intention that it will be used as a breeding animal. THE PUPPY WILL HAVE FULL REGISTRATION WITH THE AKC. The BREEDER guarantees that this dog has no obvious defects that would prohibit the siring or whelping of healthy pups. ADOPTER also agrees that the dog will only be bred with another registered Great Dane. ($150.00 ADDITIONAL FOR BREEDING PROSPECT) INITIALS:_______BREEDER__________ADOPTER
(5) The ADOPTER agrees to contact the BREEDER immediately if any questions or concerns arise about the dog, such as housing, diet, health or training. The ADOPTER agrees to keep the BREEDER informed of any treatment as it occurs. This provides the BREEDER with an opportunity to follow up on puppies and gives us important feedback and information on the health or our dogs for future generation
(6) Registration papers will either be given with the puppy or transferred to the ADOPTER immediately upon receipt from the AKC if they are still being processed. It is understood at the time of sale that this is a pet quality dog and it is representative of its breed. It is structurally and temperamentally suited as a companion and/or obedience dog. Training classes are recommended for a happy relationship between the dog and family.
(7) If the puppy is bought for show/breeding purpose the ADOPTER agrees to register the dog in the American Kennel Club registration using the BREEDER’S prefix kennel’s name of “Royalty” _________________ following the chosen call name by the ADOPTER.
The preceding paragraphs contain conditions established to ensure the well being of the dog, but also to uphold and maintain the reputation of quality that Royalty Great Danes has established. The ADOPTER’S agreements will continue for the dog’s life and the BREEDER will have the right to enforce the agreements.
This contract is under the jurisdiction of the state of Maryland, in the county of Anne Arundel. It is agreed the place of venue for any civil matters shall be in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, or in the current county of residence of the Seller at the time of litigation. All other states and counties are requested to accept this contract as legally binding and enforceable.
The Breeder MUST HAVE a copy of the signed agreement prior to shipping the dog to the Adopter. If the signed contract is not provided, the Breeder shall keep the registration papers until it is received.